Can trees be hazardous to us? It is a great topic to wonder!
Trees are the most beautiful part of our garden. They serve us with cool shade, striking scenic beauty and of course, a great place to spend time with our family and pets on hot summer days. Although there are thousands of benefits that we enjoy from trees, the trees can be dangerous to our lives and property.
You never know when a valuable tree falls down on your building or any person. It’s a risk! And this danger seems enlarged when it is concerned with the precious life of your beloved ones.
So, it is mandatory that you take care of your trees and keep a record of the health of the trees. This would make it easy and effortless for you to determine which tree would be a threat in next heavy rains!
Add these points to your checklist and make your surrounding more safe and secure:
- Firstly, avoid planting those trees in your area whose parts are fragile. In case you have them in your backyard, don’t let children make that spot as their playground.
- Ensure yourself that the branches of the trees do not lie nearby your house or any cable line. In these circumstances, there is a possibility that the branches fall on the roof of your sweet home or the wires and bring drastic results at the time of a calamity.
- Dead limbs are like high alerts! They can fall anytime unexpectedly, even in the slightest breeze. Make sure that you remove the dead limbs before children climb in it and get hurt.
- Examine if there is any cross or rub in branches. If yes, then pruning is necessary since crossing and rubbing leads to weak spots.
- Keep an eye on the color, size and shape of the leaves. This would give you a clear idea whether the tree is healthy or not. Removal of an unhealthy tree is crucial.
- Inspect the trunk of the tree. Is the tree growing with a forked trunk? The forked trunk signifies a potentially weak tree. The tree might be infected, weak and can die anytime. If you find a fork growing outward rather than upward, get it pruned. This is good for both the tree and you.
- If you find trees bending day by day, cut it out before it drops on you or your family.
- The tree might appear healthy, but it can be weakened. Microorganisms like “the sneaky fungi” are active enough to weaken the supporting roots slowly and gradually from inside. It is thus your responsibility to check if the tree is going through any such situation. For this, check for “mushroom” nearby the bottom of the tree. If you find any root trouble, call the arborist immediately.
- Avoid construction or trenching in the area of the root of a tree. Otherwise, the tree would get weaken and fall down on your property.
- Keep your concern on the wounds, lighting scars, decays and cracks. Some cracks are normal, but some are so efficient that they can lead to breakage of the tree.
Try to examine and prune trees frequently. And also, use correct pruning methods. If you find it difficult to prune a tree, waste no time! Just call an Arborist and ask for Tree removal service.
This is the best way to get rid of unwanted, hazardous trees. The Arborists are well-equipped, professional and experienced. They have in-depth knowledge about different species of trees and ways to deal with each particular one. So, they can handle the situation better than an ordinary person especially when it is related to safety and time.
Remember, inspecting trees repeatedly and serving them with proper care can make them healthy and beneficial for you. Don’t let them become an emergency for you!